A search on this just brings up another person asking the same question but they didn't get an answer. So I was wondering if anyone here knows what's going on.

I've created the same function twice that both return a table. The first one you can pass company, restaurant and week ending date to return all items that were purchased on during the week. The second definition of the function you can pass in item number and a table of that item will be returned. I've also done this with other functions, item adjustments, transfers, etc. I've done this because the same query was being used over and over again and I wanted put the query in one place and every other program can call this function.

I'm calling this function by doing the following.

Exec SQL
SELECT ITEM, PURCHASESQTY, PAIDOUTSQTY
INTO :PURCHASEQTY, :PAIDOUTQTY
FROM TABLE (
GETIMSPURCHASES(:INVCONO,:INVSTK,:pWEDate,:INVITM))
AS X;

OR (without item number)
Exec SQL
SELECT ITEM, PURCHASESQTY, PAIDOUTSQTY
INTO :PURCHASEQTY, :PAIDOUTQTY
FROM TABLE (
GETIMSPURCHASES(:INVCONO,:INVSTK,:pWEDate))
AS X;

Anyway, this is working I'm getting everything I need. However, when the program finishes, I'm getting QPSRVDMP spool file for each of the functions that I'm doing this with and this program RmslUnlockSpaceLoc producing this error Invalid space location unlock request.

I suppose I could have just created a view instead of a function. I don't know if I have any good reason as to create a function rather than a view. Does a view save the access path used to query the files involved? The thought is to allow a .net application to call the same function.

Michael Schutte
Programmer Analyst
(w) 614-492-7419
[emailimage]

Join BE Mail now and receive a coupon for a BOGO Breakfast in your Inbox! You can also look forward to exclusive monthly offers from Bob Evans as well as insider news about our restaurants, grocery food products, recipes, chefs and local community activities. For more information, visit www.bobevans.com/bemail<http://www.bobevans.com/bemail>