Hi Darell,

When I run WRKPTFGRP, it doesn't just show me the names of the PTF groups, but it also shows me the _level_. Don't you have that on your screen as well? I'm surprised to find it's not in your e-mail. Perhaps you just omitted it?

Mine looks like this:

Opt PTF Group Level Status
SF99540 9321 Installed
SF99539 125 Installed
SF99538 14 Installed
SF99504 25 Installed
SF99347 39 Installed
SF99315 13 Installed
SF99291 23 Installed
SF99114 22 Installed

For the CUM PTF (SF99540) the level is the last digit of the year, followed by a 3-digit number that means the day of the year. So in my example, above, it's 9321, that means the 321st day of 2009.

The identifier C0117540 contains the same piece of information.
Let's insert some dashes to separate the fields in the PTF identifier: C-0-117-540.

C = CUM
117 = 117th day of 2010
540 = The release of the OS

So if my old one was 9321 and the new one is 0117, then my CUM level is 161 days behind the current release (or approx 5 months)

The other PTFs (the group PTF numbers) are simple numbers that just increment with every new group released. So for TCP/IP (SF99315), I'm at group level 13. the current group number (from following one of Rob's links) is level 15. So I'm two group levels behind, and I should update. But I'll update my CUM first, since that might update the group as well... and only after installing the latest CUM will I update the group PTFs.

hope that helps.

P.S. thanks for reminding me to check my PTF levels :)