From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Needles,Stephen J
Sent: Friday, October 15, 2010 10:24 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Forms printing

Mike...

Part of the answer might be to use the OVRPRTF command to convert the output to a PDF on the IFS.

Follow up that process by using the QtmmSendMail API to email the result to the user of your choice.

Then create a rule in your customer's email program to open the email from specific user and open the applicable PC application on receipt. From this point, however, the user will need to actively choose to print the document.

Just thinking out-loud, but after the PDF is created on the IFS, couldn't we use STRPCCMD to execute a command on the user's PC (providing they are inside your network) and instigate a string of PC commands to cause the print to be routed to the PC/Network Printer?

Just food for thought.

Sample codelet for a CL to execute a PC command:

CHGVAR VAR(&PATH) VALUE('C:\Windows\Media\Windows +
XP Shutdown.wav')
CHGVAR VAR(&CMD) VALUE('rundll32 +
shell32,ShellExec_RunDLL ' *BCAT &PATH)
STRPCCMD PCCMD(&CMD) PAUSE(*NO)