On 11-Oct-2010 10:01, Mike Amos wrote:
* Need to generate job logs for Job A from Job B.
* Need both database output (primary and secondary) and
spooled output.
* Need the spooled output to show Job A job
number/user name/job name.

Note that Spooled output format is not guaranteed so I cannot
simply read in a spooled file and hope to consistently parse out
needed information. Therefore, my need for both DB and spooled
file.

I can use QMHCTLJL to set Job A to output to the DB files using
DSPJOBLOG OUTPUT(*APIDFN) but "*APIDFN can only be specified if
JOB(*) was also specified". So, I cannot generate the files from
Job B.

<<SNIP>>

I've also looked for an exit program that
would provide what I need without success.

Any help would be appreciated.

Perhaps accomplish the effect by running the DSPJOBLOG in the primary thread of the active job A, via a request from job B, using the Call Job Interrupt Program (QWCJBITP) API:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/topic/apis/qwcjbitp.htm

Regards, Chuck