Rob,

Since V5R3 Temp address spaces are not recycled until they are 85% used (when there are only something like 60Billion unused addresses at that point) . If this is a concern there is a way to lower that number. IBM realized that it was kinda pointless to use a new temp address space at every IPL when many customers could go literally years and not hit 25%! I just checked a customer machine that has been up for about 2 weeks shy of a year and they are at 6.2% I know of one model 595 shop that goes more than a year on a single temp space so I think this was a good change.

- Larry 'DrFranken" Bolhuis.