From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Christen, Duane
Sent: Friday, October 01, 2010 11:09 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Backup Performance

I haven't dealt with backup/restores in decades, but doesn't encrypting the backup, even on the drive, take additional time over doing an unencrypted save?

I would think that much of the difference would be saving the system libraries unencrypted rather than encrypted(?). The system libs, in many shops, are larger than the business data.

Duane Christen

--

Duane Christen
Senior Software Engineer