Thanks Larry for your valuable mail. The issue got resolved as under

There are two iseries system in our enviroment and they in a replication
pair. The current source is HW and the target is HE.
The user access either of the system with a DNS name H1. So this means that
they are currently accessing HW. And in tha acutal request said " Please
create Directory /ERM/TDC on H1 "

So I should be kicked for I created the direcotry on HE and expected it to
seen on the Unix server. Apologies.