Just to double check.
Windows 7 all of the boxes 32bit or 64bit?
IBM i Access for Windows on the PCs is V6R1 with the latest SP ( must be to
support Win7 )
While this isn't your problem it, Lotus ( IBM ) doesn't support (or plan to)
SSO from within Notes on 64bit Windows.

<SOAPBOX ON>
Like many of us here I was around for the CISC ( 48bit ) to RISC ( 64bit
)conversions/upgrades.
During those ( and now when going to V6 or V7 from V5 ) if you didn't
pre-convert before a user used a program the OS did it automagically. POOF
it was now a 64bit program.

Today, well over 10 years, there 'state of the art' PCs and OS's still can't
do that. That's why I have to run some of my apps in 32bit XP with this new
fangled thing called a Virtual Machine on my Win7 64bit system. How have we
had LPARs? Yes, over 10 years as well.
<SOAPBOX OFF>