I will like to share: I began a project with in a "sister company" with
other programmes.
After seeing some of the programs I did using SQL, one of them say:
"Knowing SQL wold have made a lot easier most of the programs we did"

Alan Campin wrote:
I would like to emphasize the SQL and ILE. Everything in the outside world
is SQL. SQL is an absolutely essential skill.

The important thing about ILE is that if you cannot do ILE how could you
possibility do any other modern language? Procedures/Method, Abstraction are
just about as fundamental as you get.