If you have the latest HTTP and Java group PTFs installed you should have a working version of the IAS and IWS functionality available on your system. The actual IAS/IWS servers are managed using the IBM Web Administration for i interface on port 2001:

http://<server_name>:2001/HTTPAdmin

Once you are in the IBM Web Administration for i interface you can then create an application server (IAS) or a Web services server (IWS) from the "Common Tasks and Wizards" section in the upper left corner on any of the sub tabs (All Servers/HTTP Servers/Application Servers) listed on the "Manage" tab.

Ryan Watkins

jamesl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Dan Kimmel wrote:
IAS (Integrated Application Server) is a lightweight application server
available on the i. There's tools in RDi to build a quick SOAP web
service around your existing RPG (or other native) application that you
can quickly deploy to IAS. You can punch out exactly what the customer
wants in a matter of hours if it is simple.

It looks like we have everything listed under "prerequisites" for IWS/IAS
(with the possible exception of the group PTF, and a Java feature that
appears to only apply to the web services client), but I'm having a bit of
trouble determining whether or not we actually have IWS/IAS itself, and
the "getting started" docs don't say much between the prerequisites and
"creating a server".

What should I look for?

--
JHHL