Darrell:

I just noticed I missed on small step. On you control group use option 8 to change the the media policy for full and incremental back ups to use the new one you just created, DAILY in the case cited below. I suggest cumulative type to be *CUML and if you use save while active as in the example below, change the "Sign off interactive users" to *NO. Save Access Paths, contents of save files and journaled objects should all by *YES in my opinion.

Also for my example below, create a message queue in QGPL called BACKUP. All the back up messages will go there for save while active check points etc.

A little time spend in this area of the control group along with getting the system policy and the back up policies set up properly will pay back your time spend very quickly the first time you need to do a recovery.

There are a couple of good redbooks out on BRMS and the BRMS manual is also one of the better ones IBM has put out.

Jim Oberholtzer
CEO/Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects, LLC