Darell:

Yes, this would restore the member to the same library/file as the saved object, and yes you should see the source.

The program object would not be restored by this command, you would need to restore it separately. After the restoration of the program object, assuming it's in the same library, the Aug 4 version would be there and replace the Aug 14 version. Caution is urged to be sure that the program is not part of an ILE binding group etc. Be sure that you get all the parts needed.

A restore of the program object might look like:

RSTOBJ OBJ(EWXP667)
SAVLIB(CDLIB)
DEV(yourtapedevicehere)
OBJTYPE(*PGM)

In this case the object would be replaced. Make sure it is not in use as bad things can happen if you are replacing a newer object with an older one. Again the same advice for finding the sequence number on the tape should be followed.

A little time with the back up and recovery portion of the IBM i web site might be in order.

Jim Oberholtzer
CEO/Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects, LLC