HTTP is interactive to the user but is batch to the system. That is why when you use SQL statements in a CGI job that it optimizes for *ALLIO - that's a batch choice. Interactive should be *FIRSTIO - I recommend, and I think JDEdwards does - that a QAQQINI file be used in a CGI job to force *FIRSTIO. If you run that kind of thing with visual explain, you will see the choice made in a CGI job.

CGI jobs are not interactive because there is not 5250 screen in use. Generally speaking, that is.

Vern