I think the main objective behind the ANZDFTPWD command is to identify the 'Q' profiles, such as QPGMR, that still have their defaults. I remember reading something once (think it was by Shannon, but it's been years) quoting from a hacker thread; one had a signon display but didn't know what kind of computer he had found. The second hacker said, "Oh, it's an AS/400. Just use QPGMR / QPGMR. They never change those passwords."

At a session I attended at COMMON years ago Wayne Evans recommended changing the password on some (most?) of the Q profiles to *None. This still allows the system functions that run under these profiles to run, but, if you try to sign on to the system, it kicks you out. I can't find the handout right now (probably squirreled away on a CD at home) so I can't recall all of the profiles he recommended changing in this way.

Also, as far as the job scheduler is concerned, a profile that is expired and/or disabled can still be used to run the job, which executes in batch. I wasn't sure about that, but I just ran a test on our test box and the process ran fine (V5R4 current on Cumes).

Jerry C. Adams
IBM System i Programmer/Analyst
Benfords's Law: Numbers are far more likely to begin with "1" than any other digit