Do you need it shared to boot from or just after the system is up and

Might this help??

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 8:45 AM, <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have a DVD drive in the CEC I want to share between partitions. Most of
the partitions are not guested. Is there some way to create it as a
virtual so that all partitions can see it without having to vary off,
dynamic lpar, vary on? When I use guested lpars and virtualize it, I
stick the dvd in and both the host and all it's guests show the message in
qsysopr that the volume is now in OPT01.
All lpars are at 6.1.1 or 7.1 and the hmc is running 7.7.1SP1. 8203-E4A
at 01EL350_071.

Rob Berendt
Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073