-----Message d'origine-----
De : midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] De la part de Simon Coulter

The messages you see relate to the source view. What I
suspect is happening is that *SOURCE view is the first view
selected by the debugger. There is a function key (which one
escapes me at present) in debug that can select from the
available views so if you select *LIST view you should be
able to debug quite happily.

Aha! I recompiled, changed the source member name, and on STRDBG got the same message, "source not available". What I didn't notice before was that the list view was automatically presented. Given away by *MODULE ENTRY AND MAIN PROCEDURE ENTRY at the top of the screen.
What would've been easier to comprehend would have been the name of the view on the screen and then the error message if I tried to select the source view.

Vern, your summary was great, that's one for my personal archives. Never knew about DMPOBJ: I got a 27000 page spool file. What did you look for?