Yep.

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 11:57 AM, <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Insert the upgrade from SF240_332 to SF240_358 after the fixes for 6.1 of
hmc and prior to the upgrade of your hmc to 7 and you've got it.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

From: Jack Kingsley <iseriesflorida@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 08/04/2010 11:47 AM
Subject: Re: HMC upgrade 6.1.3 to 7.7.1 ?

Thanks Rob, Looks Like MH01082, MH01110, MH01128, MH01127 and MH01168,
then
install 7.7.1 and the efixes and SP1.

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 10:02 AM, <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Always read the fine print on firmware upgrades. Some are technically
non
disruptive but may state something about undesireable results unless you
do perform some disruptive action. Or it may have some "deferred"
fixes,
which may not go into effect until the next IPL.

When I upgraded my HMC from some V5 to some V7 (bypassed 6) I had to
step
stone the upgrade a few times to get there.

To go to 7.7.1 of HMC you will need SF240_358_201. Since you are
running
SF240_332 this is equal or higher than SF240_201 and therefore you
should
be able to upgrade to it non disruptive. This is why they have the
second
underscore - to show you the oldest non disruptive level.

"Product Engineering strongly recommends installing HMC V6R1.3 with efix
MH01128 or higher prior to installing firmware SF240_358 on the
server(s)."
I noticed that you do not have that fix.

http://www-933.ibm.com/support/fixcentral/firmware/readme?fixid=01SF240_358_201

Gospel

https://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/set2/sas/f/power5cm3/sftablep5.html

https://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/set2/sas/f/power5cm/supportedcodep5.html