First, I can't find documentation for this, nor any reference on the Internet other than your post and Dennis' reply - did you misspell it? You have it different in the subject than in the body.

An API is a program or procedure (in a service program). Calling it from something like Navigator seems will have problems, first of all with parameters. I have to believe that the call will be treated like it is in a SBMJOB or on a command line. In that case, numbers will be treated as packed 15 with 5 decimal places and character parameters longer than 32 characters will be totally unpredictable if you don't pad with blanks to the end plus a dummy character. If a parameter is an integer (binary) you can use hex notation for it - the value 15 in a long int would be X'0000000F' for example.

Does this program return any data? Or does it simply do something? Is it a documented API? I think we need more information.