Hello, Jonathon:

The ADDJOBJS command is documented here:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/index.jsp?topic=/cl/ad
djobjs.htm

When you add a job to the advanced job scheduler (ADDJOBJS, which is also
prompted when you press F6 from WRKJOBJS), you have an opportunity to give
the job a name. If you don't give the job a name, the system will use the
name from the job description, which you can also specify separately on that
command.

The job description that will be used, if left to default, will be the one
specified in the user profile of the submitter.

The user profile default job description, if not changed when the profile is
created or via CHGUSRPRF, is QDFTJOBD.

So it sounds like you're defaulting your way through work management as far
as these jobs are concerned. That's not a terrible thing necessarily
(though at a minimum I would recommend specifying the name on the ADDJS
command). WRKJOBJS gives you the opportunity (option 2) to change the name
associated with each job to which you have the necessary authority.

Dennis Lovelady
"A celebrity is a person who works hard all his life to become well known,
and then wears dark glasses to avoid being recognized."
-- Fred Allen

We have some jobs defined within the Advanced Job Scheduler (WRKJOBJS),
however when we run the WRKUSRJOB for the user that the jobs are
scheduled under they all have a job name of QDFTJOBD. I'm fairly sure
that in the past the original job scheduler submitted the jobs with the
defined name.

Is there something I'm missing?