Albert:

If you have performance tools collecting data on two or maybe three of the systems you thing are typical, and maybe your high usage systems, you could get your business partner to use MPGs software to model the performance for you. I would be most worried about I/O and memory in the situation you are describing.

Also since you are combining so many locations together you should consider some advanced work management to segregate users into multiple subsystems (maybe a on line and batch subsystem by location or region?) so you can have some granularity in how you manage users. Larry Bolhuis and I have both done advanced work management sessions at COMMON, so you should be able to obtain the hand outs from those sessions.

Once the data is collected, an engagement like that would take a day maybe two, if there is something funky going on, but I suspect there is not. Your partner should be able to do that what if modeling for you and architect the proper solution. If you need further help you call me directly or anyone at iEngineer (i-engineer.org) as well.

There are several other partners on the list who could help as well, but your current partner should have offered to do this up front.

Jim Oberholtzer
CEO/Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects, LLC