Rich

Very interesting and nice to know - thanks for making the test!

Vern

On 7/1/2010 1:27 PM, Rich Loeber wrote:
Vern,

Actually, I just conducted a very revealing test. From one terminal
session, I started up an interactive subfile job and then left it active
with a list displayed. From a different session, I moved the *PGM object
behind the program from its current library over to the QRPLOBJ library.
I then returned to the interactive display program and exercised it and it
worked just fine. When I looked at the call stack for the job, it
reflected that it was now running out of QRPLOBJ. I then moved the *PGM
object back to its original library without ending the interactive
process. The result was the same, the interactive program was never
interrupted and after exercising the program some more, I found that the
call stack now referenced the original library again.

Seems like this might be a good solution for me?

Anyone think of any gotchas on this?

Rich Loeber - @richloeber
Kisco Information Systems
[1]http://www.kisco.com

Vern Hamberg wrote:

Rich

AFAIK there is no end-user way to redirect programs the way it's done
with QRPLOBJ. My understanding is that jobs that are using a program
have resolved the address of it. Either the system changes the resolved
address in the running job to point to a renamed program, or it keeps
the program's address and assigns it a new name while putting the new
program at a different address. Something like that. I've not taken the
time to use SST to see what happens.

The only thing useful to do with QRPLOBJ for us civilians is to delete
all instances of a changed program, IMO. I have had to do that
occasionally to clean up things when debugging, especially with embedded
SQL programs, it seems. Easier than signoff/singon sometimes.

I know this doesn't help!!

Vern