On 25-Jun-2010 08:03, fbocch2595@xxxxxxx wrote:

Thanks Dennis, this is what I get when I wrk w/them...any ideas?

Work with Edit Descriptions

Edit
Description Text
QEDIT5 EDIT CODE SIMILAR TO 'B' EXCEPT DR=+
QEDIT6 EDTCD SIMILAR TO 'K' EXCEPT * PRTS AS TOTAL IND
QEDIT7 EDIT CODE SIMILAR TO 'J' EXCEPT FIXED $ PRINTS
QEDIT8 created by CHGIBMOBJ7 Use for telephone plus AC
QEDIT9 Recreated Edit code9
XEDIT8 created by CHGIBMOBJ7 Use for telephone plus AC
XEDIT9 created by CHGIBMOBJ7
ZEDIT9 created by CHGIBMOBJ7

Dennis Lovelady wrote:

I should have sent you to: GO CMDEDTD

WRKEDTD will allow you to change the 5-9 edit codes. What do
you see on that display?

Did these sources by any chance come from another system? A
little history may help us understand the source of your
issue.

Hi Folks, I'm at a loss for how to resolve this. Compiles are
returning CPD7520, does anyone know what is needed to resolve
them and compile? Is there a file that holds edit codes? I
can view them but I'm remembering that there might be a way
to create user defined edit codes and put them in a file?
I've seen other posts on this on midrange but can't tell how
to resolve the msg.

Any help appreciated.

*...+....1....+....2....+....3....+....4....+....5....+....6....
1320 A WTEL01 10Y 0O 11 12EDTCDE(8)
* CPD7520-* .
* CPD7528-*
1330 prm A WVEH04 3S 0O 11 40
1340 A 74 DSPATR(ND)
1350 A WYER04 4S 0O 11 43
* CPD7866-******
1360 A 74 DSPATR(ND)
1370 A WMAK04 8A O 11 48

<<SNIP>>

The relevant error is the CPD7528 "Number of decimal replace positions not valid.". The subject error message is merely the side effect; i.e. CPD7520 "Keyword ignored because of error in list of values." simply refers to the other error.

Anyhow, the presented edit descriptions shows that [probably user profile name CHGIBMOBJ7] has probably renamed the *EDTD QEDIT8 to be XEDIT8, and had re-created the QEDIT8 with a new definition. Seems likely this has transpired more than once, such that the original definition had probably also been deleted; i.e. a prior iteration of an algorithm of rename, but delete if duplicate and then rename again.

Reinstating a compatible EDTCDE(8), one with sufficient digit replace characters, by using the CRTEDTD after DLTEDTD will be able to resolve. However then there is concern for whatever code\user wanted the "telephone plus AC" edit description; i.e. after your recovery actions and compile, reinstating the edit descriptions to re-enable the telephone with access code editing might be appropriate. That all falls under proper system change management, which unfortunately for lack of user-named *EDTD object support, will sometimes conflict with development source change management and build.

To review the current definition of the edit code eight, issue DSPEDTD 8 OUTPUT(*PRINT); review that with DSPSPLF QSYSPRT SPLNBR(*LAST). IIRC the formatting of the spooled output is not appropriate to enable inferring exactly what the edit masks are for lack of apostrophes, and worse there is no CHGEDTD command with a POP [Prompt Override Program] to fill the *SAME values for parameters like INTMASK & FRACMASK, but I have rarely had difficulty constructing the appropriate parameter specifications for a CRTEDTD invocation to re-create from the spooled output.

I am not sure if the following is the shipped\original definition of *EDTD number eight, but one which claims to be by its shipped TEXT():

Edit description . . . . : EDTD 8
Integer mask . . . . . . : INTMASK , , , , 0
Decimal point character : DECPNT .
Fraction mask . . . . . : FRACMASK
Fill character . . . . . : FILLCHAR
Currency symbol . . . . : CURSYM $
Edit zero values . . . . : ZEROBAL *YES
Negative status characters: NEGSTS -
Positive status characters: POSSTS
Left constant characters .: LFTCNS
Right constant characters : RGTCNS
Text . . . . . . . . . . .: TEXT EDIT CODE SIMILAR TO 'J' EXCEP FLOATING $ PRINTS

That would translate to and appears to match the text description as related to EDTCDE(J) [at least for when QDECFMT=1 {AKA QDECFMT=blank}]:

CRTEDTD INTMASK(' , , , , 0 ') DECPNT('.')
FRACMASK(*NONE) FILLCHAR(*BLANK) CURSYM($)
ZEROBAL(*YES) NEGSTS(-) POSSTS(*NONE)
LFTCNS(*NONE) RGTCNS(*NONE) TEXT(
'EDIT CODE SIMILAR TO ''J'' EXCEP FLOATING $ PRINTS')

Regards, Chuck