RUNJVA spawns a new job for each call from my experience, but it's
faster after the first one.

A NEP will not help this if you're simply calling the command again from
within an RPG program. Running in batch mode should make it a little
faster.

Regards,
Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
Where Information Meets Innovation
Document Management, Workflow, Report Delivery, Forms and Business
Intelligence
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com
Tel: (952) 736-5800
Fax: (952) 736-5801
Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT

------------------------------

message: 7
date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 16:34:17 -0500
from: Bradley Stone <bvstone@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: Quick "hopefully" question on JVM, RUNJVA, etc...

I guess my question is, if the Java procedure is being called by the
same job using RUNJVA from and RPG program (using QCMDEXC of course),
would this be sped up dramatically using a NEP? My guess is no since
it's all in the same job and the JVM doesn't start and stop each time
(but it seems like another job is spawned.. most likely a QSH job).

Brad

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 4:08 PM, Bradley Stone <bvstone@xxxxxxxxx>