Oh. I sit corrected; that is valid syntax. Except you do need to drop the
opening paren.

Dennis Lovelady
"There is only one thing that can keep growing without nourishment: the
human ego."
-- Marshall Lumsden

From what I see, you are including the left parenthesis in the format:

TempStr = new_String('(#.00000_);[Red](#.00000)');

But something has definitely come across strangely since that's not
valid format.

Care to re-post?

Dennis Lovelady
Nobody holds a good opinion of a man who has a low opinion of himself.
-- Anthony Trollope

I am trying to create a new cell style for my spreadsheet for a field
that is defined as 6,5. It works fairly well with one exception, the
field is prefixed with a left parenthesis. Instead of getting 0.01234
in
my cell, I get (0.01234.

Anyone have an idea as to what I am doing wrong?

D Numeric_four s like(HSSFCellStyle)
D NumFmt3 s 5I 0

/free

Numeric_FOUR = HSSFWorkbook_createCellStyle(book);

DataFmt = HSSFWorkbook_createDataFormat(book);
TempStr = new_String('(#.00000_);[Red](#.00000)');
NumFmt3 = HSSFDataFormat_getFormat(DataFmt: TempStr);
HSSFCellStyle_setDataFormat(Numeric_FOUR: NumFmt3);

HSSFCellStyle_setAlignment(Numeric_four: ALIGN_RIGHT);