http://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/rep_ca/5/897/ENUS210-105/ENUS210-105.PDF

ADTS V7.1 enhancements
â New exit point to allow customers to monitor or disable changing source
files using SEU, SDA, RLU
Exit point QIBM_QSU_ALW_EDIT is added for SEU, SDA and RLU. The exit
program associated with the exit point will receive parameters indicating
the
library, file, and member of the source file. The exit program can then
determine
if the current job should be allowed to continue with the operation that
will change
the source file and set the "Allow" parameter to '2' to indicate that the
operation
should not be allowed to continue, and to any other value to indicate that
the
operation should be allowed to continue.
The exit point format is EXTP0100.
The parameters for the exit program are LIBRARY, FILE, MEMBER, ALLOW:
â LIBRARY CHAR(10)
â FILE CHAR(10)
â MEMBER CHAR(10)
â ALLOW CHAR(1)

â SEU syntax checking is frozen at the 6.1 level for RPG and COBOL:
Features introduced to ILE RPG and ILE COBOL following the 6.1 release are
not
recognized by the syntax-checkers used by SEU.

My comments:

This sample from the What's New in 7.1 section of the ILE RPG Reference
confuses SEU
string2 = %scanrpl('NAME' : 'Tom' : string1);
The token is not valid; token is ignored.

If you can't use SEU there's always EDTF
EDTF FILE(ROB/QPGMSRC) MBR(AA)
But's that's only suggested for those whose retirement is less than a year
away, or for those systems without any application development tools and
you need to whip up a quick CL program for a backup or something.

That exit point might be useful for those shops who give their developers
*ALLOBJ but still want a way to lock them out of SEU, or see if they are
truly only using it for "emergencies" by simply logging usage.