From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Brian Piotrowski
Sent: Friday, June 18, 2010 6:29 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Determining Hardware Options

Happy Friday All!

We're looking to upgrade our DASD and main storage in our Primary and
DRP AS400s. Can someone with some hardware experience tell me how I can
determine what equipment will work with our two 400s? We current have a
520 (mode type 787A-001, backplane model 28D2 using main storage models
309B and 30D2) and an 810 (Model type 9406-810, backplane 28CD using
main storage models 3094-000 and 3093-000).

In looking at various websites, I see higher capacity drives, but I am
not sure if they will work with our units or not. I also do not know
the maximum capacities for main storage or DASD in either unit as well,
so any info on that (or a site I can look at to see the specs) would be
great.