Clarification:

NOT having the correct WAS group PTF level, which should have been 10, was the point I was trying to make. I was at group level 5.

On 6/1/2010 5:31 PM, Pete Helgren wrote:
Just for the archives:

I have worked with IBM for a few weeks on this. It appears that the
root cause was the WAS Group level (S/B 10). Download and install the
Group with option 8 on the GO PTF menu.

It is possible that a PATH issue was at the root of it as well (low
likelihood though). The last item was running the CHKPRDOPT command
(which I had never heard of). Even though all the licensed program
requirements were met (all showed *INSTALLED
at the proper level) the CHKPRDOPT PRDID(*OPSYS) command showed a few
PTF's that weren't in the correct state (even though the WRKPTFGRP
showed all installed as well). In any case I followed the suggestions
that CHKPRDOPT gave.

Don't know which of the three changes indicated above was the "closer"
(I'm guessing the WAS Group PTF) but WAS Express is now running. Now to
try Rational Team Concert which was the basis for installing WAS in the
first place...

Pete