Yeah, I almost always go with a QMQRY for just that reason. Maybe SQL scripts are useful for building the database, though.

By the way, there is also a thing called a QMPROC that lets you execute other QM things in it - looked at them years ago and have never quite gone there. STRQMQRY with SERVARs is just too handy in CL.

Later
Vern

Jerry Draper wrote:
Thanks.

I actually need to use QMQRY because I want to pass variables from CL to the qry.