Changing the system value did it. In all the years I've done SDLC, Bisync, and Async, I never noticed that system value. IBM even supplies a default message queue to use QSYS/QCFGMSGQ

THANK YOU!

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jack Kingsley
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2010 1:11 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Suppress "Vary On" messages for line description CPF5909

Is it controlled via the async controller, default is either *SYSOPR or
system value QCFGMSGQ.

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 2:01 PM, jmmckee <jmmckee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Wild. Never noticed that before. Not on CRTLINASC. Just looked at one
AsC line, and the message queue is there. Just no way to recreate. At
least not by just looking at the command with F4. What about CHGCMDDFT on
CRTLINASC?

JOhn McKee