rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
I started a 5250 session. Got into WRKQRY. Clicked on the X to abort the session without logging off or anything. I immediately
got these in DSPLOG
Job 838158/ROB/ROBCODE started on 05/19/10 at 09:39:54 in
subsystem QINTER in
Session to device ROBCODE ended normally. Session stopped by a request from device ROBCODE. Job 838158/ROB/ROBCODE ended on 05/19/10 at 09:40:02; .035
seconds used; end

7.1 of i and 7.1 of System i Access for Windows.
System value QDSCJOBITV is set to 240.
System value QINACTITV is set to *NONE
System value QINACTMSGQ is set to *ENDJOB

Started the session again and got right back to sign on screen.

Perhaps there are some other system values at play here?

A device error caused by canceling the terminal emulator session is dependent most directly on the DEVRCYACN() setting for the job, which may come from QDEVRCYACN system value; i.e. for having job attribute DEVRCYACN(*SYSVAL). The timer that is the disconnect job interval would be germane only for the /disconnect/ options defined for device recovery; i.e. if device recovery action were set to *ENDJOB, what the value is for the disconnect job interval timer would be moot.?

Regards, Chuck