By 'Interesting' Jim means in the same manner Kirk beat the Kobayashi Maru test, we 're-programmed the simulator'. In other words, we cheated. We got 4 OS/400 and i5/OS partitions plus two Linux guys running. That put us squarely in the 'Unsupported' category however and even by cheating we couldn't get V6R1 to load.

So like others mentioned unless you have all the bits and pieces laying around and time to learn, I'd start working on "Plan B."

- DrFranken

John,

As Lukas indicated I highly doubt that it is worth the effort to put up
another partition, but the hardware question can be answered very
quickly. If you care to, go into System Service Tools, Hardware Service
Manager, and use F6 to print the configuration, and send it to me off
line. I'll look it over for you and let you know what you might need.

The Franken labs have done some "interesting things" with 270s but we
also don't tend to run production on them. Frankie III is a 270 BTW and
he still lives........

Jim Oberholtzer
CEO/Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects, LLC