James H. H. Lampert wrote:
<<SNIP>> an RPG Cycle program that goes through the SAVCHGOBJ
output file and issues SAVLIBs.

The request for a new volume, though, gets routed to the System Operator. And the progress messages don't show up on the message line, the way they do when doing a SAVCHGOBJ interactively.

Even though this will most likely be run as a batch job, it might
be nice to have it behave like an ordinary save command, if it
is used interactively. Any ideas?

And I got the messages suggesting a CHKTAP at the end; works for me.

SAVCHGOBJ for multiple library objects and\or LIB(*ALLUSER)? I do not think any status messages occur for library-at-a-time save-changed requests.?

The program could effect the same as SNDPGMMSG TOMSGQ(*TOPGMQ) TOPMGQ(*EXT) MSGTYPE(*STATUS), sending a message naming the library being saved, issued prior to each SAVLIB; the Send Program Message (QMHSNDPM) API
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/apis/QMHSNDPM.htm

Or if SAVLIB LIB(n1 n2 ... nn) [i.e. a request to save multiple library names] automatically effects such status messaging, then the command string could be built from multiple rows [up to 300 as of v5r3] versus one SAVLIB per row.

Regards, Chuck