From: Scott Klement <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Application/IFS issue
To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, 23 April, 2010, 4:59 PM

Hello Sneha,

Has this got anything to do with links?One of the users mentioned
that the link was broken sometimes back.

Can you elaborate on this?  What do you mean by "links"?  Do you mean
hard links?  Symbolic links?  (HTML links? Sausage links?)  what do you
mean?

Do these links point to objects used in your file transfer?

When you say "broken", what does that mean exactly?  A symbolic link
pointing to an object that doesn't exist?  Normally the phrase "broken
link" refers to an HTML link that points to a web page that doesn't
exist, which doesn't seem to have anything whatsoever to do with your
question.

Please clarify.

Are links being created programatically?Will they affect the copying
of files to IFS folder?

Good grief.  How are /we/ supposed to know how /your/ links get created?