I wonder if you might be able to force some of the statistics to be created by running queries after you restore the file. For example, a SELECT primary key field(s), count(*) type of query might cause some rebuilding.

Isn't there something in iSeries Navigator that shows you the statistics? As I recall, a DSPFD over a file will show the number of distinct key values so I wonder if there is an equivalent for SQL tables.

Sam