I've recommended the use of IASPs for test vs production environments on the same LPAR. They have been described as mini-LPARs, process of varying them on is similar to the later stages of an IPL - but you don't have a separate serial number, they share the same one - from a vendor viewpoint, that raises another licensing issue, but for you own use, it can be cool.

At some early point it was not possible to have libraries in an IASP - that is now not a problem. They become part of the library name space, so you can't have the same library name in your SYSBAS and in an active IASP group. You set the ASP group either in a job description or by use of the SETASPGRP command - I think that's the right command.

HTH
Vern

Jim Oberholtzer wrote:

-snip-

As each successive OS is released, the feature/function set gets better and better, as do many of the operational issues associated with iASP. While the primary use for them in in SAP environments, I like them for several other uses as well some of which have been discussed today.

Jim Oberholtzer
CEO/Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects, LLC