Another benefit, the validation that your backups are good!

Better to find that out now when you can put the original disks back
in, than to find out later!

Charles

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 9:15 AM, <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It's not just the saving of a few euros.  It's also
- Reduction in power consumption.  That side car is going to suck energy
and require additional power feed(s).
- Increase in speed.  The 70GB drives are 15K speed versus 10K speed.  If
you're bad at math that's a 50% increase in speed.  Extremely significant!
 This speed will outweigh the additional disk arms you will be getting.
Been there, done that.
- Affect on cooling.  You add a sidecar, you add BTU's.

You are running an i.  Therefore you can have faith in your backups
(providing you follow the steps).  Hundreds of us have done
unloads/reloads.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
Dock 108