No can do. In order for RAID protection to be effective (that is protect ALL the data on all the drives) all the drives need to be the same size. As a result the system won't let you do what you're proposing.

You could go with two sets of four drives using 35's and 70's. This could be a slightly simpler migration because the load source drive could remain a 35GB unit and that's the one that's most difficult to swap out. With only 8 slots available and the system gettin close to full, chances are you're going to need to back off a lot of stuff to be able do the disk migration with STRASPBAL though. This means at least two full system backups, then replace the drives and a full restore is the best plan. If you're going through all that then you may want to replace all 8 drives with 70s and be done with it.

- DrFranken