All,

This is mainly for the archives to help the next poor sap (including myself)

Was receiving the error message "low-order nibble of the byte at array
offset xxxxxx is not valid" in iSeries Navigator's Run SQL Scripts
calling a stored procedure.

It turned out that Run SQL scripts had somehow lost it's date format =
iso setting. Thus leading to a mismatch between the results being
returned by the stored procedure and the application.

Basically, the same cause as here:
http://www-912.ibm.com/j_dir/JTOpen.nsf/8178b1c14b1e9b6b8525624f0062fe9f/724A5B9B43AEC7EC862575770009AAAE?OpenDocument

The stored procedure is returning the resultset date in format ISO.
But Toolbox is defaulting to use MDY format.
This issue has been fixed in V6R1 with a bit of re-design of both
Toolbox and hostserver db2 code....
For V5R4, the workaround is to set the Toolbox JDBC dateformat to
ISO...( or upate your storedprocedures to SET OPTION datFMT=*MDY)
Connection property "date format=iso" or
AS400JDBCDatasource.setDateFormat("iso").

HTH,
Charles Wilt