Terry:

For the purposes that you have the V5R4 Redbook should be sufficient. I would agree that a separate LPAR for Domino is a good thing, however I have many clients (and the Franken Lab that Larry and I run) that combine the domino server with other workloads. The bigger question is memory, I don't think you indicated how much you had. My rule of thumb is figure out what you might think you need, and go half again bigger.

Consider the primary Domino server on the existing production LPAR, and your clustered server on the new LPAR.

Also, if you are not already, I strongly suggest you get BRMS with the advanced option. That will make the backup on your Domino server much easier and save while active. If you want to have only one scratch tape pool add the networking feature as well. It's cheap and pays back in very short order.

Jim Oberholtzer
CEO/Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects, LLC