Well, I've narrowed things down to find the part that won't work.

The program that runs the RUNSQLSTM does an ovrdbf on myfile then the program crashes on SQL0204.
The funny thing is, if I make an empty copy of myfile in my CURLIB, the program works, and the ovrdbf are respected also.

I will get rid of the ovrdbf and use CHGCURLIB.

CREATE TABLE QTEMP/RRN AS (
with t as (
SELECT fld1, fld2, fld3, MAX(fld4) lmax FROM myfile GROUP BY
fld1, fld2, fld3)

select rrn(a) from myfile a join t on
a.fld1=t.fld1 and
a.fld2=t.fld2 and
a.fld3=t.fld3 and
a.fld4=t.lmax
join otherFile m on m.fld1= a.fld1 and m.fld2=a.fld2
where a.fld4 ='.' ) with data