I have 4 systems, 2 at 5.3 and 2 at 5.4

I have all JAVA options installed for the OS version.

I do not have one SystemDefault.properties file in the
QIBM/UserData/Java400 directory on any of my systems.

Is this something that is created at install? Did I not run some JAVA
proceedure after installing JAVA to create this file?

The newest system V5R4 clean install:

java -version
java version "1.4.2"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_19-b04)
Classic VM (build 1.4, build JDK-1.4, native threads, jitc_de)

Upgraded from V5R3 to V5R4:
java -version
java version "1.4.2"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_19-b04)
Classic VM (build 1.4, build JDK-1.4, native threads, jitc_de)

Clean install of V5R3:
java -version
java version "1.4.2"

A system that has been upgraded in steps from V3R2 to V5R3
java -version
java version "1.4.2"

So they all appear to default to the same version of java.

The upgraded system has the latest JAVA installed but needs PTF's as it
will not run if I set the JAVA_HOME to the latest and greatest 32bit
JVM. The clean install of V5R4 will run it but has the latest groups
all applied.

Chris Bipes
Director of Information Services
CrossCheck, Inc.