True a *USER can perform *SECADM tasks but there is a caveat; they must also have the appropriate rights to the objects they are working on, for instance the user profile. User A has rights to users B, C, and D, but not to E, F, and G. User A would would be able to work on B, C, and D. User A would not be able to administer E, F, and G.

See the following. User A is set up as suggested. Only four user profiles show up in the list
*A
QDBSHR Internal Data Base User Profile
QDBSHRDO Internal Data Base User Profile
QTMPLPD ALLOW REMOTE LPR REQUESTERS
*
Now look at the top of the list when a profile has authority to all of the user profiles:

*A
ADVUSR01 DB2 Web Query user
ADVUSR02 DB2 Web Query user
ASIGEORGE GEORGE - Disabled. Owns lots of ZEND
AXES (C) LANSA GROUP
AXES_GROUP (C) LANSA GROUP
BRADF Brad Ford
CGATEPRO *

So the answer provided is correct, but with a limit or two.... Example from a 6.1 box.

Jim Oberholtzer
CEO/Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects, LLC