Never mind! Apparently once I signed off and back on it just started working! I've tried a couple of demos so far and they work as expected!

Thanks anyway! ^_^;;;

On 3/23/2010 10:33 AM, Luke Gerhardt wrote:
I've just installed the new HSSF/XSSF POI sample from Scott K's site, including the various jar files that I needed as mentioned there. I followed the instructions in the readme file in the archive. I set up a CL based on the example provided there to set the proper environment variables. I ran the CL that creates the HSSF service program. However, running any demo blows up at the 'ss_begin_object_group' line in that particular demo program. The error log I have is as follows:

call colordemo
Pointer not set for location referenced.
Pointer not set for location referenced.
Pointer not set for location referenced.
Pointer not set for location referenced.
Application error. MCH3601 unmonitored by QRNXUTIL at statement
0000000018, instruction X'0000'.
The call to HSSF_BEGIN ended in error (C G D F).
The call to HSSF_BEGIN ended in error (C G D F).

What part of the setup am I missing? I just verified that I do have all of the prerequisites, as far as I can tell. I've never used java on this system at all, and I thought this would be a great start. Please help me see what I need to do to get this working! Thanks in advance!!