Hi Pete

Thanks for that. I realise it's a licensing issue, my question could
probably have been worded better. Other than knowing how to spell LPAR
I don't have a lot of knowledge on the ins-and-outs and allocation of
resources across it.

What I'm wondering is if, given the situation that causes the message to
be sent, the system would do anything to try and rectify the situation
and reallocate licensed CPU elsewhere.

For example if the limit across all partitions is 25 would it allow the
26th to be used indefinitely or prevent it from being used. Or
alternatively does anything akin to the old CFINT (I think it was
called) process kick in to limit the performance of the machine until
the licensing issue is resolved.

All the best

Jonathan

Pete Massiello <pmassiello-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote :

This is a licensing issue and not a performance message.

Pete

Pete Massiello
iTech Solutions
http://www.itechsol.com