On IBM i 6.1 for query definitions that have been changed and saved, the DSPPGMREF command will be able to output the referenced files. To retrieve a list of input files referenced by the *QRYDFN object, as row data in the named SRCFILE() and SRCMBR(), there is also the RTVQMQRY ALWQRYDFN(*ONLY) request. Also there is the RTVQRYF utility [maybe only for qsecurity=30 systems & lower] that can be searched on the web. The DSPPGMREF supports a generic *ALL for the object name, but 2=Change and Save=Yes being required may be an issue. For that, another web search on the tokens [Virtual Terminal API query definition] should locate a COBOL program source with the capability to effect that change\save with minimal or no operator intervention; for lack of a /compile/ [from source or a recompile] command against the query definition object.

Regards, Chuck

Jernigan, John (Jay) wrote:
<<SNIP DSPOBJD resolves original inquiry>>

Another question is there a way to identify what files are
being used in a set of queries in a particular library?