I should have tried that. I have done that with different object types did not think to look and see if I could do it with a qrydfn. Thanks for the solution. Another question is there a way to identify what files are being used in a set of queries in a particular library?

Alamance Regional Medical Center
Jay Jernigan
jjerngian@xxxxxxxx
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Vinay Gavankar [vinaygav@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2010 7:29 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: How do you output the results of WRKQRY cmd to a outfile?

You can do a DSPOBJD with OBJTYPE of *QRYDFN and get the output to an
OUTFILE.

Vinay

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 6:18 PM, Jernigan, John (Jay) <jernjohn@xxxxxxxx>wrote:

Sorry I meant to say description field. And the question was vague. When
you do a wrkqry it shows the following screen.
Work with Queries

Type choices, press Enter.

Option . . . . . . 1=Create, 2=Change, 3=Copy, 4=Delete
5=Display, 6=Print definition
8=Run in batch, 9=Run
Query . . . . . . . Name, F4 for list
Library . . . . . hs#libr Name, *LIBL, F4 for list

when you do a f4 list on the query field for the library selected you get
the following screen. My question is how can i output this data to an out
file to be able to do a search on the descrition field below.

Work with Queries

Library . . . . . . . . HS#LIBR Name, *LIBL, F4 for list
Subset . . . . . . . . Name, generic*
Position to . . . . . . Starting characters

Type options (and Query), press Enter.
1=Create 2=Change 3=Copy 4=Delete 5=Display 6=Print
8=Run in batch 9=Run
Opt Query Text
Changed

ACCLINIC Clinic B accts
06/09/09
ACCTRME#2 daily RME registration report
01/04/10
ACCTRMEPRT daily RME registration report
02/16/10
ACCTUNITG report unmatched phpacct V.S. Phpunit by gua
08/07/08
ACCTUNITP LOCATE ACCTS WITH MISSING UNIT RECORD APREF
08/07/08
ACMH_ACCTS Listing of O/S ACMH Accts in AR
08/07/08
ACSPECTRA Spectra accts for Angie Carver
03/06/09
ACTEMPFTPT ACTUAL EMPLOYEES-FT AND PT
08/07/08
ACTNEWEMP
08/07/08

More...
F3=Exit F4=Prompt F5=Refresh F11=Display names
only
F12=Cancel F19=Next group