Hi, can you provide and example of the syntax of the qsh cmd that would change the authority?
Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: CRPence <CRPbottle@xxxxxxxxx>
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, Mar 9, 2010 3:48 pm
Subject: Re: Mass Change Authority in IFS

Considering the implementation of recursive shell requests, for
large/ requests [i.e. with *many* files and directories] had at one
ime ended with a failure to complete [per resources exhausted or
imilar] or worse when terminating also wreaking havoc with the
ystem by terminating system auditing [bad enough by itself, but
onsidering that if the safety of the QAUDENDACN = *PWRDWNSYS was
nabled, the system would then also go down], I always have used the
L commands or similar via IFSTOOLS. Perhaps someone knows if on
he recent releases the implementation of -r is no longer failing
or taking excessive resources] as compared to the same request
ffected in a CL command using SUBTREE(*ALL)?
Regards, Chuck
Jim Oberholtzer wrote:
I know CHGOWN works, and it is a CL command, however;

There are some things that are just a whole lot easier to do and
in some respects faster and more accurate in a shell script using
Unix commands. Call the shell script from CL if you would like,
but since you can achieve REXX like string manipulation etc in a
shell script, you can achieve a lot more in script than you can
from CL alone. My argument is not that the IBM i commands don't
work, they do, they are just do not offer the flexibility and
control that a shell script might offer. For one time shots, stay
with the CL command, but the moment you find yourself doing the
same task over, consider a shell script.

There is a very good book: "Qshell for iSeries" by Ted Holt and
Fred Kulack (MCPress) as well as the several articles that Scott
Klement has written to show how to use this powerful tool.