I should have chosen better words than "any copy of the database *FILE object" QAEZDISK saved from another system. That should have implied a SAVOBJ QAEZDISK QSYS *SAVF *FILE taken from a system with the same VRM [i.e. v4r4m0] should be eligible to RSTOBJ from, onto the system missing the file. The object in QSYS saved & restored should allow CHKPRDOPT to properly validate the /install/ for having used the *FILE object from another system. Perhaps good to perform the check product option for *OPSYS *LANG after that restore, to see if any other *FILE objects went missing; if performed before recovery of that file, the effect would be *ERROR on the installation for which any other missing objects would also have to be restored to get an error-free CHKPRDOPT to clear the error.

Also note that the database *FILE language objects are visible on the installation media and can be restored directly from that media without a D-mode install. I can not recall the label name on the v4r4m0 media, where the files are located; some combination of 440 & 29## where 29## reflects the actual primary NLV [national language version} that is installed. A past SAVSYS that was taken when the file still existed also is an option to be used to restore the file.

Regards, Chuck

CRPence wrote:
The "model output file" [AKA "model outfile"] QAEZDISK ships in QSYS in all releases that I can recall. Search the command name in the following link; similar links all the way back to v4r5 are
available:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/topic/rbam6/rbam6clfiles.htm

As a model file, the processing for the command RTVDSKINF would issue a CRTDUPOBJ QAEZDISK *NLVLIBL *FILE QUSRSYS *SAME DATA(*NO)
to create the copy of that file in QUSRSYS when it does not exist. When that model outfile does not exist, the RTVDSKINF will
fail.

The model output files are restored as part of the OS/400 language install. The system could be reinstalled to get the file
back, or any copy of the database *FILE object restored from a save taken at another system on the same release level [unlikely
the file was changed by a PTF, so probably not specific to any
PTF level on any one release] and installed primary language
would be acceptable as well.

I am not sure why a copy in QUSRSYS is owned by QLPINSTALL, but presume that for some reason the QUSRSYS install either at some old release created the object [perhaps by the CRTDUPOBJ]. Of possibly more interest for that situation could be the "created
by", "create date\time" and "release level" of that *FILE in
QUSRSYS owned by QLPINSTALL.

DeLong, Eric wrote:
Should be in QUSRSYS. Mine (v5r4) shows owner QLPINSTALL, so it
looks like you either need to find it on a backup tape, or
you'll need to reinstall whatever feature delivers this tool...

Gary Kuznitz wrote:

I tried running the cmd RTVDSKINF in batch. It gave me an
error saying:
File QAEZDISK in library QSYS not found.

I did a search on the entire system for that file signed on as
QSECOFR.
It didn't find the file anyplace.
Does anyone know haw I can get that file back?
I'm running v4r4.