Of course APARs & PTFs are available to be searched on the web without any call to or assistance from IBM service\support. So regarding a problem with an error message CPFA09E, it is possible to search that error message as a /symptom/ using the keyword:
msgCPFA09E

SE26015 & SE27677 with latter providing superseding PTF SI26582 available on C7121530, and the former marked HIPer [High Impact Pervasive] with its PTF SI24822 available on C7016530. Neither APAR mentions anything about the &1 substitution [replacement] text value not being set. However there are at least two cumulative PTF packages, C7198530 and C7303530, which both are newer and the latter should already be installed by now; i.e. unlikely to be the same issue, at least by origin, since preventive PTFs would already be applied.

FWiW that condition may also be known\searched as variations on:
EBUSY ErrNo3029 Errno 3029

Not very helpful since almost those in IBM supporting i seem to rarely establish good search keywords for APARs, but FWiW... Properly formed [having been a convention for well over two decades, still unlikely for that to happen consistently, not just for failure to establish any firm ILE conventions], the full symptom string for the quoted error should be:
msgCPFA09E F/QSRSAVEM FM/QSRSAVEM FP/qsrUnmountFileSystems Stmt/39

Since some APARs associated with that EBUSY for MOUNT & UNMOUNT [possibly of UDFS] reference VLIC logs, the LIC log should probably be viewed for unexpected error conditions from the prior IPL until the time of the allocation error; vlog identifiers which will not appear on the IPL up through the time where the locked object is not yet an issue. For example, a vlog is noted in SE27677 as "2B00 A450" [but seen only on v5r4]. However note that the convention for recording that VLog as a /symptom/ in an APAR is VL2B00A450; noted, so as to know how to search any Vlogs that are found, both by the convention and by the just-as-likely incorrectly recorded values.

Regards, Chuck

Chris Bipes wrote:
Forgot to mention we are at V5R3 The system is in restricted
state. We do not have the IBM Help Server installed. The object
listed is well not listed.

Guess I just need to get this to V5R4 soon as IBM will not help
without SPEND-BIG-MONEY command for extended support.

Chris Bipes wrote:
Has anyone ever encountered this error? Note the object name
is blank.
The system is in restricted state prior to taking option 21.
This has happened to us 2 saves in a row. It takes an IPL to
restricted state to clear the error.

CPFA09E Diag 40 QSRSAVEM QSYS *STMT QSRSAVEM QSYS *STMT
From module . . . . . . . . : QSRSAVEM
From procedure . . . . . . : qsrUnmountFileSystems__Fv
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 39
To module . . . . . . . . . : QSRSAVEM
To procedure . . . . . . . : qsrUnmountFileSystems__Fv
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 39
Message . . . . : Object in use. Object is .
Cause . . . . . : An operation attempted to use object . This
object is currently in use. Recovery . . . : Allow time for the
current operation to complete and then retry. If no operation is
being performed, determine if the object is checked out. If it
is, use the Check In Object (CHKIN) command to check in the
object and then retry. To determine what is currently using the
object or if the object is checked out, you can use the Retrieve
Object References (QP0LROR) API, or examine the object's
properties using iSeries Navigator. Additionally, the Work with
Object Links (WRKLNK) or Display Object Links (DSPLNK) commands
can be used to determine if the object is checked out.