James

I basically agree that PDM is fine. I use it a lot - and I have come to appreciate the flexibility I have in WDSC/RDi to have lots of members open in a larger project, especially when using a SCM to manage it all.

I know of a company using the TAATOOLS source control commands and doing just fine - all that is done on the green screen. It's not a full-blown SCM app, seems to be mostly checkout-checkin kind of stuff. It's enough for them now. They can always use the graphical IDE if they want but it's not integrated into WDSC.

I'm not ready to buy into the "it's new so it's best" concept. There is still enough I can't do easily in WDSC that I go to PDM to do that kind of work. Both tools are useful. SEU is still a very capable and powerful editor - once you try F1 in the sequence number column and really learn what you can do!! Of course, I do find myself forgetting where I am and hitting the mouse wheel to scroll through source in SEU after working in WDSC. :-)

Vern

James H. H. Lampert wrote:
Bryce Martin wrote:
That's like telling a lumber jack they can still use a 2 man saw to cut down 100 year old oak trees.

And what in blazes is wrong with PDM?

--
JHHL